Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ragdoll

Hola amigos!!!
First of all, thanks to everyone who has ordered bracelets.  I really appreciate it!  I'm going to get the bracelets to you as soon as possible and thank you for the goings around about the project!
That extra helps me get there!  Feel free to tell your friends and others about my blog and the well project.  It helps so much!

 Today, I come to you to confess.  But before that, I would like to tell you a short story.

Once upon a time, there was a great man who had many children.  He made all of his children, almost as a toy maker makes his toys.  One day he created a daughter, and he gave her a ton of potential, love, and talents.  He loved her just as much as he loved his many other children, and he was happy.  He gave her to some of his other children, whom he was very pleased with, and they helped her grow and tried to keep her from the evil one who lurked in the kingdom all day and all night.  But, as the evil one attracted many others, he attracted the girl.  He would always seem nice at first.  But then, he started whispering to her and tell her evil things to do and say.  As the girl grew, she decided she did not like the evil one.  But she had already formed a relationship with him, and although she wanted him to go, he tried harder and harder to stay with her.  He would affect her feelings about her trust in the great man, make her think she didn't need the great man.  But in truth, she did. In fact, she couldn't live without him.  But the evil one didn't want her to know that.  One day,the evil one whispered to her," Look at all your talents!  How amazing you are.  And look at your friends.  They don't compare to you."  Although he would make her feel too good, some times he would also make her not feel good at all.  "Listen," the evil one whispered, "You're not as pretty and faithful as you thought.  In fact, you're pretty crummy.  Look at you now- who's going to help you?  I won't catch you, even though I caused you're downfall!  This is the way I play!"  He whipped her back and forth like a rag doll, and she cried out to the great man.  Of course, the great man always came and rescued her, but the evil one refused to give up.  And the girl would wander off into the darkness to the evil one again.  So she continues, to this day, to be whipped around like a rag doll in the wind.

If you haven't figured out this analogy already, the great man represents God, the evil one is Satan, and I am the rag doll.  Satan always seems to be pulling me around, no matter how hard I try to get away!  He pulls at me right now, saying," Look at your faith in God. You are so good! Everyone will think highly of you and your faith."  I struggle with pride and judgement particularly.  Satan injects evil thoughts into my head.  Why?  I know I'm not better than others.  I know God created us equally. But guess what? Satan doesn't want me to know that.  He wants me to think I am better than others.  I don't think I'm better than everyone.  But sometimes, I just judge people.  It's not like I mean to.  I just do it.  It just happens.  I don't want to do it.  And Satan's not giving up.

But guess what? Neither is God.
He hasn't left me alone.  He won't ever leave me alone.  He's battling for my soul harder than I am.  And I am so thankful because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here.

And guess what?  He delivers these words from my brain to my fingers.  It's not me typing.  It's him.  So, please don't give the praise to me.  Give it Him.  He wanted you to read this post, this blog for a reason. Why?  I don't know.  You may not know either, but God will show you.  Its not me, but Him.  Please don't forget.

Let the glory be to God forever and ever.
Anna Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment