Thursday, September 8, 2011

Teaching Me with Time

Hello, my friends!
 I have not written in a while (1) because I am vvvveeerrryyy busy (2) because I don't know what to write about. But yesterday, God showed me a topic to write about, and I would like to share it with you: teaching me with time.

If you know my family even a little bit, you know that 99% of the time, we are late. Sometimes, this just drives me crazy!! I mean, seriously, if the Duncans and Pates (with 6 and 7 kids) can get somewhere on time, why can't we? (Sorry, Caroline and Tindol, just had to use your families as an example....:) Is it just me, or do you guys get frustrated with being late, too? But what I have learned is that this can be a blessing.

How?

You know, God has put us where we are in this world, in Tuscaloosa, at our church, with our family and friends for a reason. I mean why couldn't he have put us on the streets in Uganda? Because He very well could have. God can see much more than we can. He sees a whole different, bigger picture up where he is. He knows when something needs to happen. Not too early, not too late. We are always right on time with his script. He knows every word we say......... BEFORE WE SAY IT!!!! How amazing is that?!? See, God is on a whole different time than we are. He is on... let's call it God time. We are on people time. the difference? God sees the big picture, we can only see our little world. When we want something to happen, we want it to happen when WE want it to happen, on our time. See, this is kinda me with the well. I can only see my little box, where I want to be able to raise money fast, and have a well built, and move on with life. But God, he sees a whole lot more than I do. God knows that if i raise the right a mount of money, at the right time, the well may have a much bigger impact on the people He wants it to impact. HE can see the big picture. I cannot. He has so much of a bigger idea, he knows the right thing.

I, on the other hand, am having to learn how to adapt to God time, since I will be on it for the rest of eternity :).  I'm having to learn to be.... patient, which can be hard. I'm so spoiled to be able to get whatever I want when I want it (well, at least all the necessities and a lot more....). But now I have to WAIT!?! What??? I can't have it? This is, like, the American lifestyle falling apart! But, I'm learning.

So, how can being late be a blessing? Well God can see the bigger picture. He knows that if you're five minutes late, you could be just in time for your surprise party, or you could have not been in that wreck that's slowing traffic. I mean, think about it. Those who worked in the twin towers and were late to work on 9/11 perhaps weren't killed in the attack. God knew it was going to happen, but they didn't.

So, I guess the whole point I'm trying to get out is that God is teaching me with time. He may be with you, too. Just remember: I'm on God time, not my own.

WELL UPDATES:
*Bracelets are still for sale!!! Place your order!
*Total money: $393.25
* Thanks for all your support!!!!
* P.S. Our name isn't Threading water, but no certain name yet.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all have a great rest of the week! Love you guys!!!!
Anna Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment